About Barber National Institute
Your support of Barber Beast on the Bay will help the Barber National Institute provide greater hope and opportunity for children and adults with disabilities and their families.
Since our founding in 1952 by Erie educator Dr. Gertrude A. Barber, we have grown into a multi-faceted organization that serves more than 4,200 individuals annually with education, support and resources needed to become more self reliant, independent and valued members of their communities.
Services at Barber National Institute Include:
- An approved private school serving more than 240 youth ages 3-21 with autism and multiple intellectual and physical disabilities
- Early intervention for infants and toddlers
- Job skill development and placement for adults
- A range of residential options including group homes and supported living in the community
- Behavioral health services
- Autism research, diagnosis and treatment
You can help us fulfill our mission of making dreams come true by becoming a Beast on the Bay fundraiser. Your support will help make a difference in the life of a child or adult with disabilities, as well as earn you a discounted or free registration.