2016 Barber Beast Adapted Course
Course Obstacles Include:
Feed the Beast – He's hungry and in need of nutrition for the big day!
- Stand throwing distance away from the board
- Toss bean bags to the board until one goes into the mouth
- Feed the beast a total of three bean bags
Beast's Cave – Now that he's fed, sneak through the cave while he sleeps!
- Enter the cave walking or rolling
- Weave through lightly weighted hanging obstacles
Cannon Ball Shuttle – Ready your cannon ball, it's time to roll!
- Choose a ball from a selection that vary in weight - kick ball to bowling ball
- Lifting a ball or rolling one in your lap, carry your ball about 30 feet
- Put the ball into an opening less than 3 feet off the ground
- Roll ball through cannon
Beastly Bell Ringer – Ring to the world that you are at the Beast on the Bay!
- Go up a wheelchair accessible ramp that crosses over the Waldameer Railroad
- At the top of the ramp grab hold of a rope and ring the Beastly Bell
- Go back down the same accessible ramp
Ship Shape – Let's do the limbo!
- Choose a height of a series of bars
- Roll under, duck under or crawl under the bar
Bucket Brigade – Fill a bucket of water and raise the bucket with a pulley
- Using a scoop, fill a bucket with water
- Carry your bucket from the table to lift area
- Grip on to the rope
- Pull the full bucket to the top of the pulley
Row Your Boat – Don't give up the ship!
- Roll or walk up a small ramp to sit on a bench or in your chair
- Grab hold of an oar with one or both hands to make a series of rowing movements
- As you row, the flag on the bow of the boat will rise
- Continue rowing until the flag flies at full mast
Beast Back Breaker– Share this obstacle with participants in the ten-mile course.
- Seat yourself in a wheelchair
- Hold on to the rope
- Use the rope to pull yourself to the top of the incline
- Our crew will follow your wheelchair to make sure you don't roll back down
Watering Hole – Cool off after all those obstacles.
- Wade or roll a wheelchair in the shallow end of the Waldameer Wave Pool
- Throw a beach ball through a hula hoop
On to the finish line where you will receive your medal!
Have questions? Check out our Adapted Course Frequently Asked Questions!